Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Loving the rest week

I almost don't know what to do with myself this week. I had a complete day off on Monday, a short 45 minute easy zone 2 run yesterday and a 50 minute spin today. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of this extra time I have! I'm definitely thankful for the break though. It's been a pretty long couple of weeks and my body is in need of some recovery- I can tell. That said, I've made a ton of progress in the last two months as I've worked to get back into race shape. I'm lighter and leaner than I've been in years. It's hard to believe that I weighed in at close to 230lbs as recently as 18 months ago, and 215 as little as 8 months ago. I'm down close to 190 now, and I haven't felt this good in a long time.

So today I took a short spin on the course I'm racing Saturday. I was excited to ride it as I haven't done that route since I had my bike re-fit, and while I feel like I've been going faster, I didn't really have anything to back that up. Well, today was validation. I stayed in my small ring the whole time, but I was up over 90, pushing 100 rpm most of the way, and I was flying! I'm tempted to leave it in the small ring and just push the cadence on Saturday- we'll see. The hard work is paying off though, and I feel like I'm peaking for my upcoming races. This is what it's all about!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome to hear that the work is paying off! I am sure you will kick butt on the weekend based on the progress and changes you have made in the past year! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete