Monday, January 24, 2011

The Training Block

I think she may be trying to kill me....

THe ELF is ramping up the training something fierce.This last week was big in volume and intensity. The kind of workouts where you're growling at yourself halfway through so you can finish them. The ones that you look at the night before and start mentally calculating base on your schedule for the day how the heck you're going to get THAT done. And somehow you do it.

Last week was definitely one of those weeks. Highlights included a 5am trainer session before heading for the airport for a 2 day biz trip; rest day going out the window because meetings ran long on Thursday and I wasn't able to get my second workout done, so I had to do it Friday. Not to be outdone, I had a 2 and a half hour suffer fest on my bike trainer at 8pm on a Saturday night. Who says triathletes don't know how to party?

Having navigated my way through that, I looked at the schedule for the week. Oh look- more fun! It's an hour more than last week! Awesome. And it's only January.

But Wildflower looms. It's out there, waiting for me, teasing me, taunting me. It knows that i haven't had a good day out there in over ten years, and it's messing with my head. Well guess what pal? I've got a plan this year. I've got coaching, I've got resources, I've got a full year of fitness base to work from, instead of starting from scratch. Wildflower- you'll be my bitch this year, not the other way around.

So, now I need to get ready for my swim & strength workouts. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment