Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm Back

So after a great weekend with a breakthrough performance on Saturday, I can say it:

I'm Back.

I'm not where I want to be yet, and there are goals to be achieved, races to be run, pounds to shed and obstacles to be overcome. That said, I feel like an athlete again, and that's half the battle. The fact that I toed the line at the front of the swim on Saturday tells me my confidence is back, and my abilities are coming through. The right training, focus and dedication will lead me to my goals. I just need to focus on the things that will serve me and not get ahead of myself.

I'm truly excited about what's to come. It'll be hard work- managing my training and my life, but it'll be worth it. One more big race to come in a couple of weeks, and then the real hard work begins. In the meantime though, I'm going to enjoy this feeling and put into the other areas of my life.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome weekend! Way to go! Keep that energy into your next race, you will have another awesome one! Cheers

    ReplyDelete