Friday, December 10, 2010

Blog Lag

I'm sure all 4 of you have been dying to know where I've been! I've been a blog slacker. Too busy with many other things including travel for work, kids, home life and every once in awhile some training. I have been putting the OFF in offseason.

Not to say I haven't been doing anything. It just hasn't been very structured and I don't sweat missing a workout. I'm starting to think about races for next year and have 3 on the schedule already- WIldflower, Vineman and the Silicon Valley International- where I have my PR at that distance. I plan on breaking it this year!

Despite the lack of training, I must be doing something right, because I am dropping pounds left and right. I got on the scale today and weighed in at 189. To put it into perspective, a couple of years back I went to a trainer at the gym to work my fat butt into shape and weighed in at 227, so I've dropped my age in pounds! Even better, I was between 205-210 when I jumped back into tris, so I've dropped about 20 pounds in the last yearalone, and that's a great thing.

One downside- my wedding ring doesn't fit!!!I have abnormally skinny fingers for a guy (thanks Mom) and now they are even skinnier! My wedding ring fit 8 years ago just fine, got a little tight for awhile in my heavy years, and now if I shake my hand a few times the ring comes off, especially when it's cold. My wife had a wedding band that I bought her when she was pregnant with our first born- a spare if you will, as she was retaining water and couldn't fit her ring on her hand. To put it into perspective, I slid that ring on my hand yesterday with room to spare.

I'm going to go eat something now....

No comments:

Post a Comment